Church of the Transfiguration is looking for a new Office Assistant (part-time)
Reporting to Parish Corporation, the Office Assistant will provide administrative and clerical support on a part-time basis to ensure the efficient administration of the parish office and assist the incumbent, churchwardens, other clergy and staff in the operation of parish activities and ministry. This position is part-time, requiring 12 hrs/wk (3-4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week) (Sept – June) and 8 hrs/wk (July -Aug). Proposed salary of $16 per hour.
- Experience in administrative skills and tasks
- Knowledge of standard office computer applications including MS Word, Excel and Publisher
- Tasks may include:
- Preparation of weekly Sunday worship materials using ProPresenter
- Administrative tasks such as typing, answering phones, photocopying, scheduling of meetings, preparing reports, ordering supplies, etc.
- Booking of facilities
- Works well independently
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work ethics compatible with church’s values
- Above average communication skills in dealing with the public
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Evaluation and Compensation:
The Church Secretary works directly under the Corporation and receives an annual performance evaluation. Compensation in reviewed annually.
To apply, email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
320 Glenridge Ave.